Dependencies and prerequisites
- Android 2.3 (API level 9) or higher.
You should also read
Try it out
You can greatly enhance the user experience in your game by letting
players use their favorite game controllers. The Android framework provides
APIs for detecting and processing user input from game controllers.
This class shows how to make your game work consistently with game
controllers across different Android API levels (API level 9 and up),
and how to enhance the gaming experience for players by supporting multiple
controllers simultaneously in your app.
- Handling Controller
- Learn how to handle user input from common
input elements on game controllers, including directional pad (D-pad)
buttons, gamepad buttons, and joysticks.
- Supporting Controllers Across Android
- Learn how to make game controllers behave the same across
devices running different versions of Android.
- Supporting Multiple Game
- Learn how to detect and use multiple game controllers that
are simultaneously connected.