This guide describes how to submit your game for distribution on Google Play Games.
As you complete the tasks, ensure that you opt in to the Google Play Games on PC only distribution; otherwise, your submission will fail.
Verify that you meet the Google Play Games requirements
To ensure a smooth game submission process, review the Requirements Checklist and ensure that you've met the unique Google Play Games platform requirements.
Application bundle size restrictions are the same on PC and mobile. This means:
- App Bundle submissions:
- APK submissions:
Add the Google Play Games on PC only release type
To create and release to the Google Play Games on PC only test track:
- Go to advanced distribution settings at Release > Advanced settings (direct link)
- Go to the Release types tab and add Google Play Games on PC only from the + Add release type dropdown.
This creates the release tracks that you will use to roll out releases, which are separate from the tracks you use to release to phones and tablets.
Create and configure you Play multiplatform users track
To distribute a PC optimized build, create a users track:
- Go to the closed testing page at Release > Test > Closed testing (direct link).
- Select Google Play Games on PC only from the release types selector.
- Create a new closed testing track:
- Click Create track in the top right corner.
- Name the track Play multiplatform users. On successful creation, the site directs you to the track page for your new track. This is also located on the closed testing page for the release type.
- Click the Manage track button for the track.
On the Countries / regions tab, select the countries that should be targeted by the track. These are the countries and regions where releases on this track will be available. We recommend you select all available countries.
- You must include "United States" and "United Kingdom" for testing purposes if you opt to only allow certain regions.
On the Testers tab:
- Select Google Groups.
- In the Email addresses field, add the email
Roll out a release
Create a new Google Play Games release on the closed Play multiplatform users track and upload your game.
- Go back to the track page for your new track. See Create and configure your Play multiplatform users track to manage the track.
- Click Create release, which opens the Prepare release page for the new release.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to prepare your release:
- Add your app bundles or APKs.
- Name your release.
- Enter release notes for the version of your release.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Click Review release to proceed to the review page.
- On the review page, ensure that all the information you have entered is
- Validation errors and warnings will appear at the top of the screen. Errors need to be resolved before you can proceed.
- Review the information on the page to ensure that you have uploaded correct artifacts and entered your release details.
- Click Start roll-out at the bottom of the page to complete rolling out your release.
For more information, see the Prepare and roll out a release help center article.
Opt in to Google Play Games on PC only distribution
Return to the release type settings and opt in to distribution.
- Go to advanced distribution settings at Release > Advanced settings.
- Go to the Release types tab and open the settings for Google Play Games via the Manage button.
- Select Opt-in to Google Play Games on PC only and save the settings.