Build app experiences with dark theme and gesture navigation. Support new protections for user privacy and security. Extend your apps with high-performance codecs, better biometrics, faster app starts, Vulkan 1.1, NNAPI 1.2, foldables, 5G, and more!
What's in Android 10
New safeguards to protect user privacy that you'll need to support in your app.
System changes that may affect your app when it's running on Android 10.
New features & APIs
APIs for foldables, dark theme, gesture nav, connectivity, media, NNAPI, biometrics, and more.
Get your apps ready!
- Get Android 10 — Install Android 10 on a Pixel device or set up an emulator.
- Set up your environment — See the Setup Guide for details.
- Review the changes — Get familiar with the privacy changes and behavior changes.
- See what's new — Learn about the new features and APIs you can use in your app.
- Test your app — Run through the flows and look for issues
- Update your app — Targeting API 29 if possible, test with users via beta channels or other groups.