Learn about system changes for privacy, security, performance, and other areas that might affect your app when it's running on Android 13.
New features & APIs
Explore new features from photo picker to themed app icons, per-app language preferences, copy and paste improvements, and more.
- Set up a runtime environment — see Get Android 13 to flash a Google Pixel device or set up an emulator.
- Set up Android Studio — try the Android 13 SDK and tools. See the SDK setup page for steps.
- Learn about what's new — review the behavior changes for all apps and the behavior changes for apps targeting Android 13 that might've affected your app.
- Test your app — run through all flows to look for issues. Toggle behavior changes at runtime to isolate issues.
- Update your app — target Android 13 if possible, and test with users using beta channels or other groups.
Toggle top behavior changes and debug with integrated logging—no need to change targeting.