Google Play supports Android by providing cross-platform game services and distribution through the Google Play Store.
Google Play Games Services is a set of gaming and distribution features that provide social engagement and multidevice support on Android and ChromeOS. Features include:
- Friends lists
- Saved games
Google Play Instant allows potential players to launch native games from the Google Play Store without installing them. Players can try your game without committing time and device resources to a full installation.
Play as you download allows players to quickly start playing your game after a small download while the remaining game files are downloaded in the background.
Additional Google Play features
Additional Google Play features that support game development include:
- Save game data in the cloud and synchronize it on multiple devices.
- Notify players about game updates using In-app updates.
- Use the Play Integrity API and signing services to ensure that users experience your apps and games in the way you intend.
- Manage billing, in-app purchases, and provide subscriptions using the Google Play billing system.
- Enable user reviews and social engagement.
For more information about app development with Google Play, see the Google Play developer guides.