Jetpack Compose is the modern toolkit for building native Android UI. Here's where you'll find the latest information about using Compose.
Get an overview of Compose's core concepts
- Tutorial: Get started with Compose, by using it to build a simple UI.
- Thinking in Compose: Learn how Compose's declarative approach is different from the view-based approach you may have used in the past, and how to build a mental model of working with Compose.
Understand the Compose development environment
- Android Studio with Compose: Set up your development environment to use Compose.
- Layout preview: Learn how to dynamically preview your Compose UI in Android Studio.
Learn more about a specific Compose concept
- Layout: Learn about Compose's native layout components, and how to design your own.
- Theming: Learn how to theme your Compose-based UI.
- Managing state: Learn about setting and using state in your Compose app.
- Testing: Learn about testing your Compose code.
- Interoperability: Compose is designed to work with your existing Android views. Learn about integrating Compose content with view-based UIs in the same app.
Learn how to use
NavControllerto integrate the Navigation component with your Compose UI.
- Kotlin for Compose: Learn how certain Kotlin-specific idioms work with Compose.