Logcat lets you record an MP4 video from your hardware device for a maximum of three minutes. You can, for example, use the video for your marketing materials or for debugging,
To record a video of your app, do the following:
- Open an app project.
- Run the app on a hardware device.
- Click View > Tool Windows > Logcat.
- Interact with the display on the hardware device to stage the start of the video.
- Click Screen Record in the left side of the Logcat window.
- In the Screen Recorder Options dialog, set the recording options:
- Bit Rate: Enter a bit rate. The default is 4 Mbps.
- Resolution: Enter a width and height value in pixels. The value must be a multiple of 16. The default is the resolution of the device.
- Show Taps: Enables visual feedback for taps.