Jetpack Compose was designed with View interoperability right from the start— you can use Compose within Views, and vice versa. This functionality allows you to adopt Compose in your existing View-based app without having to rewrite it from scratch.
The following pages describe how to integrate Compose with your existing apps:
- Migration strategy: Learn the strategy to safely and incrementally introduce Compose into your codebase.
- Adding Jetpack Compose to your app: Learn the basics about how to start using Compose in an existing View-based app.
- Interoperability APIs: Learn about Compose's APIs to help you combine Compose with View-based UI.
- Integrating Compose with your existing app architecture: Learn how to combine View and Compose-based UIs while adopting Compose in your app.
- Integrating Compose with your existing UI: Learn how to share View-based UI elements between Compose and non-Compose parts of your app's UI.
The following samples demonstrate Jetpack Compose and View interoperability: