Android Monitor lets you record an MP4 video from your hardware device for a maximum of three minutes. You can use the video for your marketing materials as well as for debugging, for example.
Recording a Video from the Screen
To record a video from a hardware device:
- Meet the prerequisites and dependencies.
- Open an app project.
- Run the app on a hardware device.
- Display Android Monitor.
- Interact with the display on the hardware device to stage the start of the video.
- Click Screen Record in the Android Monitor toolbar.
- In the Screen Recorder Options dialog, optionally change the recording options:
- Bit Rate - Type a bit rate. The default is 4 Mbps.
- Resolution - Type a width and height value in pixels. The value must be a multiple of 16. The default is the resolution of the device.