Android Architecture Components Part of Android Jetpack.
Android architecture components are a collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps. Start with classes for managing your UI component lifecycle and handling data persistence.
- Learn the basics of putting together a robust app with the Guide to app architecture.
- Manage your app's lifecycle with ease. New lifecycle-aware components help you manage your activity and fragment lifecycles. Survive configuration changes, avoid memory leaks and easily load data into your UI.
- Use LiveData to build data objects that notify views when the underlying database changes.
- ViewModel stores UI-related data that isn't destroyed on app rotations.
- Room is a SQLite object mapping library. Use it to avoid boilerplate code and easily convert SQLite table data to Java objects. Room provides compile time checks of SQLite statements and can return RxJava, Flowable and LiveData observables.
Latest news and videos
To learn more about Android Architecture Components, consult the following additional resources.
- Sunflower, a gardening app illustrating Android development best practices with Android Jetpack.
- Android Architecture Components GitHub Browser sample
- Android Data Binding Library — From Observable Fields to LiveData in two steps
- Easy Coroutines in Android: viewModelScope