January 30, 2019
androidx.core:core 1.1.0-alpha04 and
androidx.core:core-ktx 1.1.0-alpha04 are released.
- Change value of
EXTRA_SHORTCUT_IDto be consistent with the platform (aosp/877712)
- Fix fontFamily not working on pre API 24 (aosp/807054)
- Fixed bug where replacing accessibility actions, and adding accessibility actions, didn't remove old accessibility actions (aosp/848314)
December 17, 2018
androidx.core 1.1.0-alpha03 and
androidx.core-ktx 1.1.0-alpha03 are released with the following changes.
androidx.core-ktx 1.1.0-alpha02 is released to provide a ktx match for
- Added Notification channels methods to
NotificationManagerCompatso developers can use only
NotificationManagerCompatwhen working with notifications. Special thanks to Zdeněk Kořán for this new feature!
- Added new APIs to
ShortcutManagerCompatto publish and update dynamic shortcuts.
November 7, 2018
Bugfix release of
- Fixed bug where
PrecomputedTextCompatwould crash when used with RTL
core-ktx Version 1.0.1
November 5, 2018
androidx.core-ktx 1.0.1 is released with the following bug fixes:
- Fixed bug where implementation of union and intersection were swapped.
November 5, 2018
androidx.core 1.1.0-alpha01 is released with the following API changes and
New features and API changes
- NestedScrollingChild3 and NestedScrollingParent3 add the ‘consumed’ parameter to the overloaded dispatchNestedScroll and * onNestedScroll methods so that the view that drives nested scrolling can be better informed about how much scroll distance was * consumed by parents in each nested scroll pass.
- NestedScrollView now implements NestedScrollingChild3 and NestedScrollingParent3, and therefore, the NestedScrollingChild2 and * NestedScrollingParent2 implementations of dispatchNestedScroll and onNestedScroll are not guaranteed to be called. Developers * counting on either being called should also override the new nested scrolling 3 version of dispatchNestedScroll and onNestedScroll.
- ShortcutInfoCompat has the following new fields: Persons, categories and isLongLived. Done to advertise it can accept various types * of content.
- Renamed SupportActivity to ComponentActivity. See androidx.activity for more info.
- Added getMainExecutor() method, which returns an Executor link that will run enqueued tasks on the main thread associated with that * context.
- Added compatibility implementation of Resources.getFloat.
- Added Results Source to compat RemoteInput. This allows apps to distinguish direct and smart replies for logging purposes.
- Added Kotlin extension functions for TextView TextWatcher actions.
- Deprecated AccessibilityNodeInfo capability and flag setters; use actions instead.
- Added AccessibilityPane to ViewCompat.
- Exposed ClickableSpans on pre-O devices through the addition of AccessibilityClickableSpanCompat.
isAccessibilityHeading(), to backport this
Viewaccessibility functionality through API 19.
ViewCompat.enableAccessibleClickableSpanSupport()to allow developers to make non-URL
ClickableSpans accessible back through API 19.
Bug fixes * Fixed bug that caused ResourcesCompat.getFont() crash when the network fails, when using downloadable fonts. * Fixed Null Pointer Exception in TypefaceCompatApi21 that occurred when ContentResolver returned null. * Fixed type error in Array Utils where it expected ColorStateList but got raw colors.