April 3rd, 2019
androidx.viewpager2:viewpager2:1.0.0-alpha03 is released. The commits included in this version can be found here.
- Ability to programmatically scroll ViewPager2:
FragmentStateAdapternow requires a
Lifecycleobject. Two utility constructors added to obtain it from the host
FragmentActivityor the host
- handling dataset updates while minimised, or during a screen rotation;
- removing irrelevant Fragments after rotation;
- removing saved state of removed items.
PageChangeCallback: fixed page offset calculation for pages with margins.
March 13th, 2019
androidx.viewpager2:viewpager2:1.0.0-alpha02 is released. The full list of commits included in this version can be found here.
- Ability to disable user input (
- ViewPager2 class final
February 7, 2019
androidx.viewpager2:viewpager2 1.0.0-alpha01 is released. This is the first release of ViewPager2.
- Comparing to its predecessor
- Right-to-left (RTL) layout support
- Vertical orientation support
notifyDataSetChangedfully functional (VP1 bugs addressed)
- no fakeDrag
- nested scrolling parallel to orientation
- no offscreen limit control
- needs better TabLayout integration
- no pageWidth setter (forced 100%/100%)
- page transformer: no hardware/software layer choice; no reverse drawing order
- keep current item visible when inserting a page before current
- keyboard navigation needs work
FragmentStateAdapterstability / performance improvements coming