August 7, 2019
androidx.webkit:webkit:1.1.0-alpha02 is released. The commits included in this version can be found here.
PathHandlerinterface to allow apps to create custom path-handling functionality.
WebViewAssetLoaderis now a final class, since it's not meant to be subclassed.
WebViewAssetLoader#PathHandlerimplementations are now public and final.
- Minor changes to ProxyConfig method names.
ProxyController: added new methods
addDirect(String)to connect directly to servers; removed DIRECT String.
- Updated existing APIs to include nullability (
@Nullable) and thread (
May 7, 2019
androidx.webkit:webkit:1.1.0-alpha01 is released. The commits included in this version can be found here.
- Getter APIs to complement
- ProxyController API to set a network request proxy for an app's WebViews.
- AssetLoader API to simplify loading APK assets and resources via request interception, allowing access to web resources without disabling CORS.
- TracingController API to collect WebView tracing information for debugging purposes.
- RenderProcess APIs to manage WebView renderer services, and to detect when poorly behaved content causes WebView renderers to become unresponsive.
- Minor fixes to documentation formatting for existing APIs.