Dependencies and prerequisites
You should also read
If your app plays audio, it’s important that your users can control the audio in a predictable
manner. To ensure a great user experience, it’s also important that your app manages the audio focus
to ensure multiple apps aren’t playing audio at the same time.
After this class, you will be able to build apps that respond to hardware audio key presses,
which request audio focus when playing audio, and which respond appropriately to changes in audio
focus caused by the system or other applications.
- Controlling Your App’s Volume and
- Learn how to ensure your users can control the volume of your app using the hardware or
software volume controls and where available the play, stop, pause, skip, and previous media
- Managing Audio Focus
- With multiple apps potentially playing audio it's important to think about how they should
interact. To avoid every music app playing at the same time, Android uses audio focus to moderate
audio playback. Learn how to request the audio focus, listen for a loss of audio focus, and how to
respond when that happens.
- Dealing with Audio Output Hardware
- Audio can be played from a number of sources. Learn how to find out where the audio is being
played and how to handle a headset being disconnected during playback.