For information about architecture components, see the Architecture components release notes.
(July 2, 2018)
This beta release of AndroidX is considered feature-complete and its public API surface is stable, barring any critical issues that may arise. While this release is safe to use in production, it may still contain bugs. Please report any issues to the public issue tracker.
- GestureSelectionHelper eating events on non-selectable items
- Slider slices can have duplicated thumb icon when slider value is being updated
- IconCompat broke TYPE_URI icons in alpha3
- Crash with Preferences using Seekbar
- Crash in Slice.toString()
- OffsettingListUpdateCallback.onMoved() calls mCallback.onRemoved() instead of mCallback.onMoved() (Issue 110711937)
Android Studio fixes affecting AndroidX
gradle.propertiesfile does not update to use AndroidX while creating project with minimum as P
- External libraries can't compile with AndroidX enabled on Windows (Issue 79642238)
- Converted androidx app crash when deploying
- Failed to resolve: androidx.databinding:databinding-runtime:3.2.0-alpha16
- Unable to deploy Rendering script app after refactoring to Android X
- Crash when executing "Refactor to AndroidX"
- Error: package android.support.annotation does not exist
- ConstraintLayout classes are given the wrong class name during "Refactor to AndroidX"
- Error: package android.support.design.R does not exist
1.0.0 alpha 3
(June 6, 2018)
- RecyclerView does not render if two projects with different AndroidX dependencies are open
- Project fails to create and add androidx flags if gradle.properties is not present
- Missing androidx.core.media.MediaMetadataCompat
- Slices are falling over when larger than 64K
- Crash in slice browser
- Unable to migrate App to AppCompact with having androidX dependencies
- Databinding libraries are not updated to androidx
- Cells with large images block rest of cell content
- Incorrect import when refactoring to Androidx
- Slices crashing with NPE in SliceProviderCompat
- Refactor tool error: Should not use a different version (27) than the compileSdkVersion (28)
- Dex merge issues with trying to build refactored project (Android Sunflower)
- AndroidX refactor tool doesn't convert dependencies containing variables
- Espresso Test Recorder does not support androidx dependencies
- NPE in com.example.androidx.slice.demos
- dejetifier flatfoot problems
- androidx.wear has bad dependency on ConstraintLayout libs
- Full loading slices are broken
- After refactoring to androidx adding a new activity is creating with old support code
- dagger-android does not work with jetifier
- Grid templates: Min width of thumbnails for grid row is 1:1 width/height ratio.
- Enforce requiring a primary action on a slice
- Slices for device volume will require setMin on the slider
- Permission slices broken
- Slices needs a new permission system
- Need to allow auto-granting slice perms based on a perm
- Inconsistent sizes in slice
- NullPointerException in FontsContractCompat
1.0.0 alpha 2
(May 25, 2018)
- Fixes an issue with
1.0.0 alpha 1
(May 8, 2018)
Initial alpha release. The package names are subject to change during the alpha period.
- The following libraries are not yet compatible with the AndroidX refactor:
io.fabric.tools:gradle: Requires 1.25.4 or later
- Upgrade to version
2.16 or later forcom.google.dagger:dagger-android` to be compatible with the AndroidX refactor.
- The Android Studio refactor tool incorrectly refactors some classes from the
Workaround: Check and correct your import lines after running the refactor tool.
- After using Android Studio refactor tool, full package name is used for some classes in code even though the package was imported.