A new system UI with Material You that's expressive, dynamic, and personal. Extend your apps with redesigned widgets, AppSearch, Game Mode, and new codecs. Support new protections like privacy dashboard and approximate location. Improve productivity with rich content insertion, easier blurs, improved native debugging, and much more.
New features & APIs
- Set up a runtime environment — see Get Android 12 to flash a Google Pixel device or set up an emulator.
- Set up Android Studio — try the Android 12 SDK and tools. See the Setup Guide for steps.
- Learn about what's new — review the behavior changes for all apps and the behavior changes for apps targeting Android 12 that might’ve affected your app.
- Test your app — run through all flows to look for issues. Toggle behavior changes at runtime to isolate issues.
- Update your app — targeting Android 12 if possible, test with users using beta channels or other groups.