- ClassyTaxiKotlin - This sample app written in Kotlin demonstrates a Google Play Billing Library integration for selling subscription products with server integration.
- ClassyTaxiJava - This sample app written in Java demonstrates a Google Play Billing Library integration for selling subscription products with server integration.
- TrivialDriveKotlin - This sample app demonstrates a Google Play Billing Library integration for selling in-app products without a server.
- What's new with Google Play Billing (Google I/O '19) - Learn about updates to the Google Play's billing platform that open up additional selling surfaces and forms of payment. You'll discover how to improve the purchase experience for new and repeat buyers, grow recurring revenue via subscriptions, and increase the trust and safety for your users.
- Required updates and new functionality (Android Dev Summit '19) - See how Google Play Billing Library 2 makes updates easy and improves performance, as well as how to migrate from AIDL and Billing Library 1.
- Grow and optimize your subscriptions with new Google Play features (Google I/O '18) - This video outlines Google Play features that can help your global subscription business.
- The "purchase anywhere" paradigm shift (Android Dev Summit '19) - Learn about "Purchase Anywhere". Topics include promotions, subscribe-and-install, cash purchases and pending transactions, and remote purchase approvals.
- 10 ways to increase your earnings - Help grow the earnings from your apps and games with these tips.
- 10 tips for launching your app - Make your app launch successful.
- Driving buyer behavior with IAP and subscriptions - This Google Play Business Growth webinar series session focuses on monetization through in-app purchases or subscription-based business models. You'll also learn ideas for how to evaluate trends for different types of buyer behavior.
- Acquiring and keeping new users - This Google Play Business Growth webinar series session focuses on user acquisition and retention.
- Playtime 2019 conference playlist - This YouTube playlist contains recorded sessions from Google Playtime 2019.
- Google Play PolicyBytes - Spring 2020 policy updates - This video describes the spring 2020 Play policy updates on subscriptions, background location access, malware, resource downloads, and more.
- Google Play Subscriptions playlist - Learn all about subscriptions in this YouTube playlist. Topics include subscription purchase flow, real-time developer notifications, handling subscription status updates, and how to defer billing.
Blog posts and other articles
- Advanced in-app billing: handling alternative purchase flows - This blog post shows you how to robustly handle purchase flow interruptions, out-of-app purchases, and other alternative purchase flows.
- Subscriptions 101 for Android apps - This post links to the accompanying video series and teaches you about subscriptions in Google Play.
- Implementing linkedPurchaseToken correctly to prevent duplicate subscriptions -
Learn about the
linkedPurchaseTokenfield that shows you when multiple purchase tokens belong to the same subscription.
Google Play's Academy for App Success
- Google Play's Academy for App Success - With free training courses through Google Play's Academy for App Success, you can learn about Play Console features to help you grow your app or game business and learn how to stay on the right side of Google Play policies.