Notifications on Wearables use the same structure as the notifications on handheld. This means that you can create notifications that are catered for handhelds and wearables at the same time. However, to give users the best experience, Android Wear provides APIs for adding Wearable-specific features to notifications that are displayed on Wear.
The following lessons show you how to create and issue notifications for Wearables. When you issue a notification from your app, each notification appears as a card on the Notification Stream.
- Creating a Notification
- Learn how to create notifications with wearable features with the Android support library.
- Notification Styles
- Learn how to add different styles to a wearable notification.
- Bridging Mode for Notifications
- Learn how to handle duplicate notifications.
- Maintaining Compatibility
- Learn how to design your Wear app notifications to be compatible with the newer version of the Android Wear.