Dependencies and Prerequisites
- Android 5.0 (API level 21) or higher
You should also read
TV devices offer many entertainment options with thousands of choices from apps and related content services. At the same time, most users prefer using a TV with the least amount of input possible. With so many choices available, your app should provide quick and easy paths for users to discover and enjoy your content.
The Android framework helps you provide a number of paths for users to discover your content, including recommendations on the home screen and searching within your app's content catalog.
This class shows you how to help users discover your app's content through recommendations and in-app searching.
- Recommending TV Content
- Learn how to recommend content for users by displaying it on the home screen of a TV device.
- Making TV Apps Searchable
- Learn how to make your content searchable from the Android TV home screen.
- Searching within TV Apps
- Learn how to use a built-for-TV user interface for searching within your app.