Android Gradle Plugin 2.3.0 (February 2017)
2.3.3 (June 2017)
This is a minor update that adds compatibility with Android Studio 2.3.3.
2.3.2 (May 2017)
This is a minor update that adds compatibility with Android Studio 2.3.2.
2.3.1 (April 2017)
- Gradle 3.3 or higher.
- Build Tools 25.0.0 or higher.
- Uses Gradle 3.3, which includes performance improvements and new features. For more details, see the Gradle release notes.
- Build cache: stores certain outputs that the Android plugin generates when building your project (such as unpackaged AARs and pre-dexed remote dependencies). Your clean builds are much faster while using the cache because the build system can simply reuse those cached files during subsequent builds, instead of recreating them. Projects using Android plugin 2.3.0 and higher use the build cache by default. To learn more, read Improve Build Speed with Build Cache.
- Supports changes to Instant Run included in Android Studio 2.3.
- Configuration times for very large projects should be significantly faster.
- Fixed issues with auto-downloading for the constraint layout library.
- Plugin now uses ProGuard version 5.3.2.
- Includes many fixes for reported bugs. Please continue to file bug reports when you encounter issues.