Android devices come in many shapes and sizes all around the world. With a wide range of device types, you have an opportunity to reach a huge audience with your app. In order to be as successful as possible on Android, your app needs to adapt to various device configurations. Some of the important variations that you should consider include different languages, screen sizes, and versions of the Android platform.
This class teaches you how to use basic platform features that leverage alternative resources and other features so your app can provide an optimized user experience on a variety of Android-compatible devices, using a single application package (APK).
- Supporting Different Languages and Cultures
- Learn how to support multiple languages and cultures using alternative resources.
- Supporting Different Screens
- Learn how to optimize the user experience for different screen sizes and densities.
- Supporting Different Platform Versions
- Learn how to use APIs available in new versions of Android while continuing to support older versions of Android.