Android SDK Platform-Tools is a component for the Android SDK.
It includes tools that interface with the Android platform, such as
tools are required for Android app development. They're also needed if you want
to unlock your device bootloader and flash it with a new system image.
Although some new features in these tools are available only for recent versions of Android, the tools are backward compatible, so you need only one version of the SDK Platform-Tools.
If you're an app developer, you should get the latest version
from Android Studio's SDK Manager or from the
command-line tool. This ensures the tools are saved to the right place with
the rest of your Android SDK tools and easily updated.
But if you want these tools only, you can download the package with the following links (less than 4MB each).
Although these links do not change, they always point to the most recent version of the tools.
26.0.2 (October 2017)
- Add support for Pixel 2 devices.
26.0.1 (September 2017)
- Fixed fastboot problems on macOS 10.13 High Sierra (bug 64292422).
26.0.0 (June 2017)
- Updated with the release of Android O final SDK (API level 26).
25.0.5 (April 24, 2017)
Fixed adb sideload of large updates on Windows, manifesting as "std::bad_alloc" (bug 37139736).
Fixed adb problems with some Windows firewalls, manifesting as "cannot open transport registration socketpair" (bug 37139725).
fastboot --versionnow include the install path.
Changed adb to not resolve
localhostto work around misconfigured VPN.
Changed adb to no longer reset USB devices on Linux, which could affect other attached USB devices.
25.0.4 (March 16, 2017)
- Added experimental libusb support to Linux and Mac adb
To use the libusb backend, set the environment variable ADB_LIBUSB=true before
launching a new adb server. The new
adb host-features command will tell you
whether or not you're using libusb.
To restart adb with libusb and check that it worked, use
ADB_LIBUSB=1 adb start-server; adb host-features. The output should include
In this release, the old non-libusb implementation remains the default.
fastboot doesn't hang 2016 MacBook Pros anymore (bug 231129)
Fixed Systrace command line capture on Mac
25.0.3 (December 16, 2016)
- Fixed fastboot bug causing Android Things devices to fail to flash
25.0.2 (December 12, 2016)
- Updated with the Android N MR1 Stable release (API 25)
25.0.1 (November 22, 2016)
- Updated with the release of Android N MR1 Developer Preview 2 release (API 25)
25.0.0 (October 19, 2016)
- Updated with the release of Android N MR1 Developer Preview 1 release (API 25)
24.0.4 (October 14, 2016)
- Updated to address issues in ADB and Mac OS Sierra