Test apps on Android Part of Android Jetpack.
Testing your app is an integral part of the app development process. By running tests against your app consistently, you can verify your app's correctness, functional behavior, and usability before you release it publicly.
Testing also offers the following advantages:
- Rapid feedback on failures.
- Early failure detection in the development cycle.
- Safer code refactoring, allowing you to optimize code without worrying about regressions.
- Stable development velocity, helping you minimize technical debt.
The documentation covers best practices around testing Android apps:
- Fundamentals of testing Android apps
- What to test in Android
- Use test doubles in Android
- Build local unit tests
- Build instrumented tests
- Automate UI tests
For more information about testing on Android, consult the following resources.