You can use the Google Play Store to install Android apps on several Google Chromebooks. This document describes the Chromebooks, Chromeboxes, and Chromebases that can install Android apps, both currently and in upcoming releases of Chrome OS.
The same Android apps that run on phones and tablets can run on Chromebooks without compromising their speed, simplicity, or security. To develop the best experience for Android apps across Chromebooks, you should test your app on a suite of devices that consists of the following categories:
- ARM architecture.
- Intel x86 architecture.
- Non-touch (uses fake-touch).
To learn more about Google Play Store support on Chromebooks, see the following Google Chrome blog post.
Note: You may elect to exclude your app from being available to certain Android devices, such as Chromebooks. For more information, visit View & restrict your app's compatible devices.
The following section lists the Chromebooks that work with Android apps and the categories that each device satisfies.
Android apps are not available on every Chromebook, but Google continues to evaluate more devices based on a range of factors, such as processor type, GPU, and drivers. The following table shows the platforms that currently support Android apps:
|Acer||Chromebook R11 / C738T||Intel x86||Yes||Yes|
|Chromebook Pixel (2015)||Intel x86||Yes||No|
The following list shows the platforms that will support Android apps in an upcoming release of Chrome OS:
- Acer: Chromebook 11 C740, Chromebook 11 CB3-111 / C730 / C730E / CB3-131, Chromebook 14 CB3-431, Chromebook 14 for Work, Chromebook 15 CB5-571 / C910, Chromebook 15 CB3-531, Chromebox CXI2, Chromebase 24
- Asus: Chromebook C200, Chromebook C201, Chromebook C202SA, Chromebook C300SA, Chromebook C300, Chromebox CN62, Chromebit CS10
- AOpen: Chromebox Commercial, Chromebase Commercial 22"
- Bobicus: Chromebook 11
- CDI: eduGear Chromebook K Series, eduGear Chromebook M Series, eduGear Chromebook R Series
- CTL: Chromebook J2 / J4, N6 Education Chromebook, J5 Convertible Chromebook
- Dell: Chromebook 11 3120, Chromebook 13 7310
- Edxis: Chromebook, Education Chromebook
- Haier: Chromebook 11, Chromebook 11e, Chromebook 11 G2
- Hexa: Chromebook Pi
- HiSense: Chromebook 11
- Lava: Xolo Chromebook
- HP: Chromebook 11 G3 / G4 / G4 EE / G5, Chromebook 14 G4, Chromebook 13
- Lenovo: 100S Chromebook, N20 / N20P Chromebook, N21 Chromebook, ThinkCentre Chromebox, ThinkPad 11e Chromebook, N22 Chromebook, Thinkpad 13 Chromebook, Thinkpad 11e Chromebook Gen 3
- Medion: Akoya S2013, Chromebook S2015
- M&A: Chromebook
- NComputing: Chromebook CX100
- Nexian: Chromebook 11.6"
- PCMerge: Chromebook PCM-116E
- Poin2: Chromebook 11
- Samsung: Chromebook 2 11" - XE500C12, Chromebook 3
- Sector 5: E1 Rugged Chromebook
- Senkatel: C1101 Chromebook
- Toshiba: Chromebook 2, Chromebook 2 (2015)
- True IDC: Chromebook 11
- Viglen: Chromebook 11