We encourage you to use the Android brand with your Android app promotional materials. You can use the icons and other assets on this page provided that you follow the guidelines.
Use of the Android or Google Play brands must be reviewed by the Android Partner Marketing team. Use the Android and Google Play Brand Permissions Inquiry form to submit your marketing for review.
If you need Google Play badges or guidelines, please see the Google Play Badge page.
The following are guidelines for the Android brand and related assets.
Android in text
- Android™ should have a trademark symbol the first time it appears in a creative.
- Android should always be capitalized and is never plural or possessive.
- "Android" cannot be used in names of applications or accessory products,
including phones, tablets, TVs, speakers, headphones, watches, and other devices. Instead use "for Android".
- Incorrect: "Android MediaPlayer"
- Correct: "MediaPlayer for Android"
If used with your logo, "for Android" should be no larger than 90% of your logo’s size. First instance of this use should be followed by a TM symbol, "for Android™".
- "Android TV", "Android Wear" and "Android Auto" may only be used to identify or market
products or services with prior approval. Use "for Android" or "with Android" for all
other Android-based products
- Incorrect: "Android TV Streaming Stick", "Streaming Stick with Android TV"
- Correct: "Streaming Stick with Android"
If used with your logo, "for Android" or "with Android" should be no larger than 90% of your logo’s size. First instance of this use should be followed by a TM symbol, "for Android™".
- Android may be used as a descriptor, as long as it is followed by a
proper generic term. (Think of "Android" as a term used in place of
"the Android platform.")
- Incorrect: "Android MediaPlayer" or "Android XYZ app"
- Correct: "Android features" or "Android applications"
Any use of the Android name needs to include this attribution in your communication:
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
The Android robot can be used, reproduced, and modified freely in marketing communications. The color value for print is PMS 376C and the online hex color is #A4C639.
When using the Android Robot or any modification of it, proper attribution is required under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license:
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
You may not file trademark applications incorporating the Android robot logo or derivatives thereof within your company logo or business name. We want to ensure that the Android robot remains available for all to use.
The Android logo may not be used.
The custom typeface may not be used.
Marketing Reviews and Brand Inquiries
Use the Android and Google Play Brand Permissions Inquiry form to submit any marketing reviews or brand inquires. Typical response time is at least one week.