Test apps on Android Part of Android Jetpack.
Testing your app is an integral part of the app development process. By running tests against your app consistently, you can verify your app's correctness, functional behavior, and usability before you release it publicly.
Testing also provides you with the following advantages:
- Rapid feedback on failures.
- Early failure detection in the development cycle.
- Safer code refactoring, letting you optimize code without worrying about regressions.
- Stable development velocity, helping you minimize technical debt.
To learn more about the types of tests you can use when developing your app, see Fundamentals of testing, and view the embedded video from Google I/O 2019.
For more information about testing on Android, consult the following resources.
- Android testing samples
- Sunflower demo app, which makes use of the Android testing libraries.