Download or browse sample projects to get started with Android 6.0 APIs (API level 23). You can download the samples directly from Android Studio — just select the File > New > Import Sample menu option and pick the sample you want.
Note: These downloadable projects are designed for use with Gradle and Android Studio.
Active Notification: This sample demonstrates how the
NotificationManagercan tell you how many notifications your app is currently showing.
- Auto Backup for Apps: Android 6.0 (API level 23) introduces automatic backup for app settings. This sample demonstrates how to add filtering rules to an app in order to manage settings backup.
Camera 2 Raw: This sample demonstrates how to
Camera2API to capture RAW camera buffers and save them as
- Confirm Credential: This sample demonstrates how to use device credentials as an authentication method in your app.
- Device Owner: This sample demonstrates how to use the device owner features to manage and configure a device.
- Fingerprint Dialog: This sample demonstrates how to recognize registered fingerprints to authenticate your app's user.
- MidiScope: This sample demonstrates how to use the MIDI API to receive and process MIDI signals coming from an attached input device.
- MidiSynth: This sample demonstrates how to use the MIDI API to receive and play MIDI messages coming from an attached input device.
- NFC Provisioning: This sample demonstrates how to use NFC to provision other devices with a specific device owner.
- RuntimePermissions: This sample shows runtime permissions available in Android 6.0 (API level 23) and higher. Display the log on screen to follow the execution. If executed on an Android 6.0 device, the app displays an additional option to access contacts using an 6.0-only optional permission.