People-centric and expressive, with a new controls space and more privacy features.
Extend your apps with conversation notifications and bubbles, try one-time permissions, surface devices and media in the controls. Work faster with tools like compatibility toggles, ADB incremental installs, and more!
Get started with Android 11
- Set up a runtime environment — see Get Android 11 to flash a Google Pixel device or set up an emulator.
- Set up Android Studio — try the Android 11 SDK and tools. See the Setup Guide for steps.
- Learn about what's new — review the privacy features and behavior changes that might’ve affected your app.
- Test your app — run through all flows to look for issues. Toggle behavior changes at runtime to isolate issues.
- Update your app — targeting Android 11 if possible, test with users via beta channels or other groups.