Dependencies and prerequisites
- Android 2.2 or higher
You Should Also Read
In this class, you'll learn how to perform common In-app Billing operations from Android applications.
In-app billing is a service hosted on Google Play that lets you charge for digital content or for upgrades in your app. The In-app Billing API makes it easy for you to integrate In-app Billing into your applications. You can request product details from Google Play, issue orders for in-app products, and quickly retrieve ownership information based on users' purchase history. You can also query the Google Play service for details about in-app products, such as local pricing and availability. Google Play provides a checkout interface that makes user interactions with the In-app Billing service seamless, and provides a more intuitive experience to your users.
This class describes how to get started with the Version 3 API. To learn how to use the version 2 API, see Implementing In-App Billing (V2).
- Preparing Your In-app Billing Application
- In this lesson, you will learn how to prepare your application to use the In-app Billing API and communicate with Google Play. You will also learn how to establish a connection to communicate with Google Play and verify that the In-app Billing API version that you are using is supported.
- Establishing In-app Billing Products for Sale
- In this lesson, you will learn how to specify the In-app Billing products for your app in Google Play and query the product details.
- Purchase In-app Billing Products
- In this lesson, you will learn how to purchase In-app Billing products, track consumption of purchased items, and query for details of purchased items.
- Testing Your In-app Billing Application
- In this lesson, you will learn how to test your application to ensure that In-app Billing is functioning correctly.