This class demonstrates how to implement the key navigation design patterns detailed in the Designing Effective Navigation class.
After reading the lessons in this class, you should have a strong understanding of how to implement navigation patterns with tabs, swipe views, and a navigation drawer. You should also understand how to provide proper Up and Back navigation.
- Creating Swipe Views with Tabs
- Learn how to implement tabs in the action bar and provide horizontal paging (swipe views) to navigate between tabs.
- Creating a Navigation Drawer
- Learn how to build an interface with a hidden navigation drawer on the side of the screen that opens with a swipe or by pressing the action bar's app icon.
- Providing Up Navigation
- Learn how to implement Up navigation using the action bar's app icon.
- Providing Proper Back Navigation
- Learn how to correctly handle the Back button in special cases, including how to insert activities into the back stack when deep-linking the user from notifications or app widgets.
- Implementing Descendant Navigation
- Learn the finer points of navigating down into your application's information hierarchy.