Building an effective and engaging user interface for TV devices requires a firm understanding of what works well in the context of a living room. Imagine a large screen that can be seen by many people at the same time, controlled with a few buttons by users with limited attention, and you start to see the challenges and opportunities of building an app for TV. Building apps for this environment requires a different approach and different tools.
This section discusses how to build a living room experience with your app, including implementation instructions and creating user interface widgets built for TV. Also check out Design for TV for information and inspiration on creating engaging user interfaces for TV devices.
- Learn how to build app layouts for TV screens.
- Learn how to build navigation for TV devices.
- Learn how to use this fragment to build a browsing interface for media catalogs.
- Learn how to use this fragment to build a details page for media items.
- In-App Search
- Learn how to use a built-for-TV user interface for searching within your app.
- Learn how your app can contribute to the list of recommendations appearing on the home screen and get your content noticed by users.