Improve conversion rates using Firebase Analytics
Use unlimited reporting for up to 500 distinct events and create custom audiences with Firebase Analytics to understand clearly how your users behave. From the data, you can get detailed insights into app use and user engagement. These insights can help you improve conversions, by making informed decisions regarding app marketing and performance optimizations.
Why it works
Whether your goal is driving users to in-app purchases or signing up for a newsletter, getting users to complete key actions — or conversions — will be your main success metric. Being able to identify if users are encountering roadblocks before converting, or if certain app areas have high exit rates, will enable you to identify opportunities to improve your app experience and increase conversion rates.
How to do it
- Connect your app to Firebase by adding the Firebase SDK.
- Add the dependency for Firebase Analytics to your app.
- Start to gain insights about your apps and users in the Firebase console within hours.
- Log custom events such as E-Commerce purchases or achievements.
- Create audiences that matter to you in the Firebase console, based on event data and user properties.
- Use your custom audiences to target messages, promotions, or new app features using other Firebase tools, such as Notifications.
- Dynamically tailor your app’s features to specific audiences. Use Remote Config to change the look-and-feel of your app or a specific audience. For example, you could display a customized home screen to users who added items to their shopping cart but never completed their purchase.
- Send in-app notifications to any audience. With Notifications you can, for example, encourage the right users to purchase a new tool you’ve added to your game's in-app storefront by notifying only the users who have purchased in-game items in the past.
- Retarget audiences with AdWords ads. Run AdWords campaigns to re-engage with users, for example, offer a deal for a special power-up to users who quit after struggling at a certain game level.
- Set-up conversion tracking to discover where users are dropping out. Define your app’s most important events (such as purchasing an item or sharing your app with others). Then create funnels just for these events so you can see where users are abandoning the process.
- Improve your acquisition workflow. Use the integration with Adwords to understand the influence of your advertising and marketing activities. Ensure your campaigns are acquiring engaged and valuable users by tracking the app open events and automatically linking user behavior within your app to a traffic source.
- See which ad campaigns lead to conversions. Use the integration with Adwords to understand which ad campaigns lead to important events in your app, which you’re tracking as Firebase Analytics conversion events. You can then use this information to adjust your ad strategy to invest more in the campaigns which are bringing in users who convert.
- View and analyze your Firebase Analytics data in real time with BigQuery. Combine all of your raw, unsampled, app data with custom data in BigQuery for additional analysis