Analyze user reviews to understand opinions about your app
View the top trends and issues that users mention in your app's reviews to understand what changes to your app or game users want most.
Why it works
User reviews often contain valuable feedback and suggestions for improving your app. Being able to analyze the top trends and issues for your app enables you to assess which parts of your app or game you should focus on. It also shows where you should invest in your business to improve your offering to users and create a more successful app or game.
- Apply filters to analyze reports more easily. To understand your app's reviews better, you can apply filters to see reviews by any combination of rating, written language, app version, and device.
- Understand how users rate your app across categories with the benchmarks report. On the Reviews Analysis page, the benchmarks report shows how users rate your app across a series of static categories (such as design, speed, stability, and usability) used to measure all apps in the same Play Store category (such as Health & Fitness or Lifestyle).
- Analyze the topics report. In the topics report, which includes support for Spanish and Japanese in addition to English, you can see a dynamic list of terms mentioned in reviews specific to your app.
- Review the effect of app updates and your replies to reviews in the Updated Ratings section. Analyze the value of your replies by checking how users you replied to updated their ratings after you replied to them. Compare this number with the number of users who didn't make any updates despite your replying. Also, see: How many users return to update their ratings or review; whether ratings were increased, decreased, or unchanged; and a summary of the average ratings change. Reviews also allow you to review the history of your conversation with a user.
- Change the period for the reports at the top of the Benchmarks and Topics sections.
- Understand how your app compares by using peer benchmarks. In addition to the data for your app, benchmarks show how your app compares to others in the same Play Store category. Use Rating vs. peers to assess how your rating compares to apps in the same Play Store category. Look at Number vs. peers to understand how the number of reviews per topic compares to apps in the same Play Store category.
- Report reviews which do not meet the posting policy guidelines, and help keep the Play Store free of inappropriate reviews and comments.