Each new version of Android includes a range of new features and improvements designed for Android in the enterprise. Whether you're developing a device policy controller or apps for managed Google Play, you can refer to this section to review the new APIs, features, and behavior changes introduced in each version of Android.
Some of the highlights introduced for Android in the enterprise in Android 8.0 include:
- A new deployment scenario that allows work profiles on fully managed devices.
- New logging and reporting features available to affiliated users.
- The ability to offload app management to other applications via API delegation.
To see all the new enterprise features in Android 8.0, read What's New in Android 8.0.
Some of the new features and updates for Android in the enterprise in Android 7.0 include:
- Provisioning corp-liable devices using a QR code.
- Setting security challenges for apps running in the work profile.
- Requiring work apps to always connect through a specified VPN.
To see all the new enterprise features in Android 7.0, read What's New in Android 7.0.