Before writing any code, you need to connect peripherals from your development kit to your board.
In this lesson, you will learn to wire a pushbutton switch and LED from a breadboard to your device. To connect the peripherals to your board:
- Connect one side of the button to the chosen GPIO input pin, and the other side to ground.
- Connect the same GPIO input pin to +3.3V through a pull-up resistor.
- Connect the chosen GPIO output pin to one side of a series resistor.
- Connect the other side of the resistor to the anode side (longer lead) of the LED.
- Connect the cathode side (shorter lead) of the LED to ground.
For this lesson, the following GPIO pins are assumed on each board:
|Board||Input Signal||Output Signal|
|NXP Pico i.MX7D||GPIO2_IO07||GPIO2_IO02|