Dependencies and Prerequisites
- Android Studio 3.0 or later
- Android Things developer board
- Supported camera module
- Peripheral Kit
- Android device running Android 4.0 (API Level 15) or higher
You should also read
The Android Doorbell sample demonstrates how to create a “smart” doorbell. The sample captures a doorbell button press from a user, obtains an image of the user via a camera peripheral, processes the image data using Google’s Cloud Vision API, and uploads the image and event data to Firebase where it can be viewed by a companion app.
By walking through the steps to create this sample, you’ll learn:
- How to capture a button press event using Peripheral I/O.
- How to access a camera peripheral from an Android Things app using standard Android camera APIs.
- How to use Google Cloud Vision from an Android Things app to do image analysis.
- How to communicate between an Android Things app and a companion app using Firebase APIs.