We have curated a set of resources to help you become productive with Kotlin quickly. If you're new to Kotlin, we recommend you check out the following resources.
- Kotlinlang.org: The official Kotlin website. Includes everything from a guide to basic syntax to the Kotlin standard library reference.
- Kotlin Koans Online: A collection of exercises in an online IDE to help you learn the Kotlin syntax.
Kotlin on Android
- Get Started with Kotlin on Android: A short guide to start using Kotlin in Android Studio.
- Kotlin-Java Interop Guide: A set of rules for authoring public APIs interoperable in Java and Kotlin.
- Kotlin Style Guide: Google’s Android coding standards for source code in the Kotlin Programming Language.
- Sunflower: An end-to-end sample app that illustrates Android development best practices with Kotlin and Jetpack.
- Google I/O Android App: The 2018 version of the Google I/O app was completely rewritten in Kotlin, and it serves as another great end-to-end Kotlin sample app.
- Kotlin samples: A collection of Android code samples written in Kotlin.
- Paging: Learn how to integrate Paging library components to load list items while a user is scrolling.
- Room with a view: Learn how to build an app that uses Android Architecture Components.
- Coroutines: Learn how to use Kotlin Coroutines—a way to manage background threads that simplifies code by reducing the need for callbacks.
- Udacity course: "Developing Android Apps with Kotlin". Learn to architect and develop Android apps in the Kotlin programming language using industry-proven tools and libraries.
- Udacity course: "Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers". Essentials of the Kotlin programming language from Kotlin experts at Google. For programmers coming from Java or other object- oriented languages.
- YouTube: This search for "Kotlin on Android" provides a variety of high quality technical talks.
- O'Reilly course: An 8-hour Kotlin course, "Introduction to Kotlin Programming," by Hadi Hariri, a developer at JetBrains. Requires subscription; 10-day free trial available.
- Treehouse course: "Kotlin for Java Developers" teaches Kotlin with an emphasis on Android. Requires subscription; 7-day free trial available.
- Udemy course: "Kotlin for Beginners" teaches Kotlin from scratch. Requires subscription; new student discount available.
- Kotlin in Action: By Dmitry Jemerov and Svetlana Isakova, Kotlin developers at JetBrains.
- Kotlin for Android Developers: By Antonio Leiva. One of the first books about Kotlin.
- Android Development with Kotlin: By Marcin Moskala and Igor Wojda.
More books are listed on the Kotlin site.