Users have a huge amount of choice when it comes to which apps they install and
use, so it’s important to actively find new ways to promote your app and drive
ongoing engagement. AdWords campaigns, which you create in the
Google Play Developer Console,
are a powerful and effective way to do both.
Drive installs with universal app campaigns
AdWords is a powerful way to scale
app promotion across Google networks and find customers who are most likely to
install your app. AdWords promotes your app to interested users where they spend
time on phones and tablets – with app install ads on Google Play, Google Search,
YouTube, Gmail, and within apps and across the web.
By creating a universal app camapign, you can reach all of these
networks. This type of campaign allocates ads, bids, and budgets automatically,
making it easier to improve install volume for your app.
To learn more about creating universal ad campaigns, read the article about
an AdWords campaign for your app in the Google Play Developer Console Help
From Google Play
Reach users as they search for apps and games on Google Play.
From Google Search
Connect with users as they search for content and services provided by
Promote your app when users are watching related videos.
Reach users while they’re engaged with apps and games across the AdMob
From the web
Reach users while they’re engaged with websites across the Google
- Estimate how much an app user is worth to your business, so that you can
work out an appropriate cost-per-install that you’re willing to pay.
- Ensure that your ads and Play Store listing are compelling and clearly
describe your app’s value.
- Check that you’re accurately tracking and attributing installs by
installing the AdWords conversion tracking
- Promote your app broadly across display, search, and video to reach even
more potential users and drive a higher volume of installs.
- Start with broader targeting and then fine tune your bidding once you’ve
assessed your campaign results.
- Use Conversion Optimizer to automate your bidding so that your ads target
users who are most likely to install your app.
- Use Conversion Optimizer for in-app buyers to automate your bidding so
that your ads target high value users who are most likely to make purchases
in your app.