Offer your family or kid-focused apps to parents with Designed for Families
If you’ve built great apps designed for kids or families, the family discovery experience on Google Play is a great way to surface them to parents.
Why it works
Parents are constantly looking for apps and games that are family-friendly. Apps that are part of the Designed for Families program are surfaced through the Google Play Family section, so parents will be able to more easily find family-friendly apps and games.
- Dedicated store section for family and kids apps. The Family section in Apps & Games on Google Play gives you improved visibility to parents. This section includes uniquely merchandised content, new categories, and age-based browsing. Participating apps will receive this additional visibility on top of their existing categories, rankings, and reviews.
- Better visibility in searches made by parents and kids. Only apps and games opted in to the Designed for Families program will show up in searches initiated from the Family section in Apps & Games. They’ll also be more visible when users search for family- or kid-related content from anywhere on Google Play.
- Familiar brands and beloved characters are easy to find. Character pages let parents discover your apps and games based on familiar brands and beloved characters, providing a powerful way for parents to discover content and enabling you to reach a highly relevant and targeted audience.
- Extra visibility with the family star badge. Apps that are part of the Designed for Families program are marked with the family star badge, which reflects the target age you select for your apps and serves as a signal of quality for parents.
How to do it
- Apps that are primarily child-directed must participate in the Designed for Families program. Apps that are not primarily child-directed but are designed for kids and families can opt in for inclusion in the Designed for Families program.
- Before you opt in to the Designed for Families program on your Play Console, make sure your app meets all of the policy and program requirements in the Developer Policy Center.
- Follow the steps listed in the Help Center to opt in.