Sell subscriptions with Google Play's billing system
Sell subscriptions through Google Play's billing system to provide users with access to content and features on an ongoing basis.
Why it works
Google Play's subscription platform gives you the tools and actionable intelligence to grow your subscription businesses. You can quickly and easily get set up with Google Play's billing system, and then Google Play handles the checkout details so your app never has to process financial transactions. You'll have access to customizable subscription options and management features to help you attract and retain more customers. And, because your app will use the same checkout flow that is used for content purchases on Google Play, users will get a familiar, reliable, and secure experience.
- Flexible billing frequencies: Set your billing period to weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually.
- Free trials: Let users try your app before subscribing by offering a trial period for a duration of your choosing.
- Introductory pricing: Specify an initial, discounted price that applies to a set number of billing periods.
- Local pricing: Customize the price for each locale and bill users in their local currency.
- Price changes: Easily apply a price change.
- Grace periods: Allow your subscribers to update their payment method if a recurring payment is declined.
- Account holds: Block access to your content or service if a user's form of payment fails until they update their payment information.
- Upgrades and downgrades: Add the ability for users to switch from one plan to another (for example, from a basic to a premium subscription) or to re-sign up to keep access. Then choose whether to use credit from the plan change to set a new renewal date, keep the renewal date and charge the user a prorated amount, or to defer the price change to the next renewal date.
- Google Play Developer API: See fine-grained details about each subscription, such as expiration date, payment status, cancellation reason, and more.
- Real-time developer notifications: Receive notifications as soon as a subscriber's state changes.
- Subscription restore: Allow users to restore a subscription directly from the Play Store.
- Conversion analytics: See which channels bring in the largest number of paid users.
- Billing reports and dashboards: Measure how much you're earning every month from each subscription tier you offer and track how long you're retaining your subscribers. Use advanced options to select and analyze cohorts. See whether your features—such as free trials, account holds, and grace periods—are successful at acquiring and retaining users.