Get paid to show relevant ads from over a million advertisers with AdMob
Ads are an effective and easy way to earn revenue from your apps. AdMob is a smart monetization platform for apps that helps you to maximize revenue from ads and in-app purchases. More than 1 million apps use AdMob to generate a reliable revenue stream, with more than $1 billion paid to developers.
All you need to do is sign up for AdMob, and then use the Google Mobile Ads SDK to place ads in your app with just a few lines of code. You get paid quickly in your local currency (where available), with no wire fees charged by AdMob. Also, AdMob’s integration with Google Play services pushes automatic performance improvements to Android apps without additional SDK changes.
Why it works
Well-placed, well-targeted ads in apps, particularly free apps, can achieve good click-through rates while preserving the app’s user experience. It’s easy to add the code to deliver ads, and AdMob takes care of the rest: finding and delivering relevant ads to your app from any of Google’s advertiser demand across AdMob, AdWords, and the DoubleClick Ad Exchange. This range of advertising sources—coupled with free, industry-leading mediation—achieves high CPMs and excellent fill rates, automatically helping to improve your earnings.
- Place ads thoughtfully and adhere to the AdMob policies. Ads shouldn’t be too intrusive, but still need to be clearly visible, to attract click-throughs.
- Choose ad formats appropriate to your app’s content. AdMob has a wide variety of ad formats, including interstitials, video, native ads, and banners.
- Use the native ads feature to match ads with the look and feel of your app to offer users a richer, more seamless app experience while improving revenue performance.
- Make use of targeting features to match ads with your users and your app.
- Remember that ads form part of your app and must match its age rating.
- Exercise control options sensibly. Don’t get carried away limiting the volume of ads that AdMob shows at the expense of revenue.
- Consider running house ads to promote your other apps or your friends’ apps. When you launch a new app, this kind of promotion is a free and easy way to attract new users quickly.
- Analyze your app’s performance from within AdMob with Google Analytics. Discover where people are downloading your app, the features they use the most, how they navigate through your app with graphical flow reports, and more.