Use Google Play games services to enhance and simplify your game development
Google Play games services let you easily add engaging features to your games.
Why it works
Google Play games services provide a range of ready to use features — complete with front and back end implementations — that you can add to your games using a simple API. It includes popular game features, such as achievements, leaderboards, real-time multiplayer, and more. The API and services help simplify and streamline your game development by saving you from having to implement these features yourself. In addition, you get APIs and tools that reduce the burden of testing, managing, and publishing your games. And an added bonus, by implementing game services you get comprehensive reporting and statistics to help you track and improve your game’s performance.
- Integrate popular game features into your games by using the Google Play games services APIs.
- Use the Google Play Console to manage games services and configure metadata for authorizing and authenticating your game.
- View Player Analytics data for details on multiplayer games, average revenue per paying user (ARPPU), sessions per user, and more. Also, set and monitor daily revenue targets.
- Customize the game’s experience using the Player Stats API and information on how players are progressing, spending, and engaging.
- Save game states to the cloud and enable players to resume games anytime on any of their devices. Incorporate cover images and descriptions to show players where they left off and attract them back.
- Use the Nearby Connections API to enable local multiplayer games on a large screen device, such as an Android TV, or multi-screen games across devices.
- Let players record their game play and share the video with friends on YouTube with the Video Recording API.
- Use the Google Play games services Management API to easily update your game metadata and simplify your game testing and player account management.
- Use the Google Play games services Publishing API to automate your game production and distribution tasks, modify listings, and upload icons for achievements and leaderboards.