Users have a huge amount of choice when it comes to which apps they install and use, so it’s important to actively find new ways to promote your app and drive ongoing engagement. AdWords is a powerful and effective way to do both.
AdWords promotes your app to interested users where they spend time on phones and tablets – with app install ads on Google Search, YouTube, Gmail, and within apps and across the web on the Google Display Network. AdWords is a powerful way to scale app promotion across Google networks and find customers that are most likely to install your app.
From Google Play
From the web
- Estimate how much an app user is worth to your business, so that you can work out an appropriate cost-per-install that you’re willing to pay.
- Ensure that your ads and Play Store listing are compelling and clearly describe your app’s value.
- Check that you’re accurately tracking and attributing installs by installing the AdWords conversion tracking SDK.
- Promote your app broadly across display, search, and video to reach even more potential users and drive a higher volume of installs.
- Start with broader targeting and then fine tune your bidding once you’ve assessed your campaign results.
- Use Conversion Optimizer to automate your bidding so that your ads target users who are most likely to install your app.
- Use Conversion Optimizer for in-app buyers to automate your bidding so that your ads target high value users who are most likely to make purchases in your app.
Engage with users
Getting a user to install an app is one thing, but you'll also want them to open it regularly. AdWords offers app re-engagement tools to help your app stay in mind with users who’ve already installed it on their phone. AdWords can remind them of key features and encourage them to try your app again, or help them complete an activity they didn't know your app could handle.
- Track what users do in your app after they’ve clicked an ad, by installing the AdWords conversion tracking SDK.
- Advertise a compelling reason for users to re-engage with your app (such as a reminder or a special offer).
- Add deep links to your app that’ll take users directly to the parts of your app that will be most relevant and interesting to them, where they can easily take action.
- Re-engage your app users across the display network with remarketing lists and search with keywords.
- Use remarketing lists to target high value users so that you can drive more conversions in your app.